My last post appeared two months ago. So, to evade more hesitation I thought to publish a preface to the next post which will materialize sometime before the 10th of February. I have just returned from a month on the coast where I was without access to any means of communication. As for now, I would like to post a poem for consideration accompanied by a picture.
no se desperdicie
and where are all the laborers
those tending to this harvest?
who wage against the full moon still
those that care to scatter farthest
or the builders who breathe to build
whose blocks are regular and strongest?
who build each of every chapel level
their cornerstones exceeding promise
the fishermen and women who cast
whose nets thirst to sweep the deepest?
who comb and carress our blue forever
whose catch oft reins as sweetest
the music makers and their melody
whose songes serve to mollify us?
whose desolate plea reaches but two or three
whose consternation annoints the depredation of our times
or those we call doctor and also physician,
nursing body and mind for stewards of this Earth?
charged to disabuse us of sophistry, the paucity of truth
who study with and for, to accompany death´s birth
and where are our poets,
whose rhymes employed channel us through ages?
whose mere words lift hearts from corpulent men
and with artful fables implicate they teach us
beautiful matt
ReplyDelete